Life long learning...



OK! It's been a long time since I wrote anything here.

Because I've been growing up and am not as young as before. The Kaal Vaasi Life is nearing The Paadhi Life. And I really don't know who is listening to this blog. It was purely my ranting and if anybody at all is listening, I feel sorry for you man!(or woman)


During the course of this life, I realized that I stopped growing when I stop learning. Another thing that I learnt was that whenever our time is not right and when I felt that I am stuck somewhere, it is time to dust everything and start learning a thing or two.

So, in my attempt to get unstuck now, I'm trying to learn something new which has nothing to produce any result in my life. And that keeps it motivating to keep learning. Because, when I try to attach a benefit to something I learn, I expect the benefit to be waiting when I finish my learning. And, learning is a long process. So, I get disappointed when I don't get what I want in a short span of time. This stops my learning process. It's like fast food. It's bad for my health (in this case, my mind).

So, I decided to learn python, which has no bearing in my life as I never did any programming until now. I wanted to see if I can learn a programming language and keep creating random programs purely for the sake of creating something out of my apathetic life.

And hence, I joined Team Tree House. I had earlier done a course on wordpress which was pretty interesting because of the way they taught the entire subject. It was very practical and useful unlike other course websites which don't get specific.

So, I started learning Python on a track to Machine Learning. (I know! It's a moonshot for me with no programming experience). Mid-way, I dropped out after a month because, it was getting too complex. I realized a thing or two about myself that if the going gets tough, I simply drop out. And this creates frustration on two ends in my mind, where I'm frustrated on one part that the learning is complex and I'm frustrated on the other part that I didn't complete my learning.

So, I started again today and did a course on "how to learn anything new". (I know! As stupid as it sounds, I found it better to accept myself as stupid and actually learn to learn). This again was a track on Team Tree House.

One of the interesting things the instructor told about learning complex things, is to keep a journal or blog when you learn something new. This is interesting because, it provides a way to reinforce what I learn and form new concepts about it when I rant here.

So, I'm planning to rant all my learning of python here and see where I'm getting at. I hope to continue my learning and this blog with all my learning rants. If you're listening, and I don't return here, give me a shout out to my email. This will force me to come back and keep my learning track alive.

Adios for now!
via GIPHY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restrooms and corporate management!!! - bullshit

An exhilerating experience

Howdy!