Learning to learn

Copyright:(c) Laureen Middley.. Image from hbr.com
This is going to be a short post on how to learn. In the teamtreehouse course about learning, there are 3 crucial questions that the instructor asks us to ask ourselves after learning something.


  1. What did I learn just now? 
  2. Can I put the learning in my own words and not the definitions provided
  3. How can I relate what I learnt now with something that I already know. 
The instructor also tells us that simply re-reading or re-attempting a course from the beginning doesn't work and if I'm able to answer these 3 questions, then what I've learnt has stuck with me. If I'm unable to answer these questions, I've identified a weakness and have to deliberately learn and practice that module until I'm able to answer the above questions. 

Makes sense. 

The instructor says that experts become experts by identifying their weaknesses and deliberately practice to attack their weaknesses. Let me try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restrooms and corporate management!!! - bullshit

An exhilerating experience

Howdy!