An exhilerating experience

Who needs a psychedelic? When you have a rainy evening, a lonely beach and Pink Floyd?

This post is best served with 'Coming back to life' by Pink Floyd. Whoever needs it can mail me at achaggi@gmail.com




Chennai was in the midst of a pour. I finished my mundane day at the office and decided to get out in search of my own. What happened then was.... history... a god-felt experience!

As i set my foot pedals and raced through the windy bustling streets, the skies started to whisper and cry... felt as though it did for me... a beauty long forgotten and lost in the mechanization of our lives! I was supposed to meet a good friend of mine which i did eventually meet... but the incident that preceded this was a psilocybin experience! As I crossed through the halogen lit wet streets, i cameby a fork which separated the path into two. The left was leading to the beach and the right to my friend's residence. I decided to take the left.

As I waded through the windy, drizzling wet streets reflecting the orange halogens on the way, I got lost into my own inner thoughts. A reflection of my own self as if it were born that instant... a sense of freshness that cannot be explained and only be experienced! As I reached the beach, it was wet, dark, lit only by the halogens and the moonlight. The whispers of the sea could distinctly be heard as there was hardly any noise after the pour. I took my head phones, connected it to my w810i and had Coming back to life on a continuous play list. I started moving through the wet dark sands, awaiting to reach the shore... As I dragged my feet along the sands of time, a long story untold and unheard of my own life flashed against the horizon... I turned back to see the perfectly lit cityscape leaving behind me...




I continued to move ahead into the darkness of the sea... with only the moon lighting the highlights and the reflections. As i went ahead, my iris dilated and i could see the waves clearly... a pure white formation that appeared and disappeared on its own! A phenomenon that formed in the middle of the sea and diluted as it reached the shore... The horizon had merged with the sea and it was but difficult to draw the line that differentiated the sky from the sea... We all come across such enigmatic portions of our life, where we think we know the outcome of a situation but get entangled into a vicious illusion. A situation where our decision plays a feeble part, and our life looks at us cynically and laughs at our helplessness! We keep clinging on to such illusions and still believe that our 'illusion' is real! That's the irony of it. The gravity of reality is lost in our illusion and thus we keep flying in a dream... a dream untold and foregone. What we get to see is only a faint picture of the reality which keeps appearing and disappearing like the 'milk' formation in the waves... Pondering on the same, I lay there on the shore unattended and uncontrolled, listening to Pink Floyd's.

We all come across such illusions at every stage of our life. But rather to our dismay, this illusion completes us and when we try coming out of this illusion, we are completely lost. And we long for another illusion that could complete us, and eventually get into the vicious cycle of illusions.


The reality in fearing reality is the reality itself!


A heightened sense of things chilled through my bones and I could only succumb to it. I lay there closing my mind to reality and watched reality appear and disappear in front of me... The moon lit sky resisted me from leaving that paradise. A paradise created with nature and my own thoughts... a tale bygone the next day... A clarity of thoughts set in and eventually found out the enigma behind life. Though humorous, my clarifications concluded that the cause behind the enigma is none but us! We are the only creatures in this whole living planet that cannot live life simple and yet complicate it! Hidden faces, masked emotions, non acceptance to truth and failures, what more complications can anyone ask for?

As for Pink Floyd, I came back to life with that experience and met my friend; went for a long walk with her.. still prevailing on the illusion of life!

Here goes the lyrics of the song:

Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
And where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And I headed straight..into the shining sun

Well, writing after a long time, and hope it added sense to at least a few... Great day... good relevations... Sayonara!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome!!!
Anonymous said…
am the first to write comments..!!!So awesome again..!!!
Priyadarshini said…
hey .. frankly haven't read ur post at all except for the title..lol.. but u've got a great sense of colr. watta gr8 templete with a perfect blend of all colors under the sky as ur templete.. he he... purple, green, yellow, pink, white.......wow........ gr8 goin!!! [:P]
Priyadarshini said…
hey man. went thro ur post nw.. genuinely.. real good feel. u've tried to get the essence of tht moment in a neat way. good job.....
Anonymous said…
[:P]

Popular posts from this blog

Restrooms and corporate management!!! - bullshit

Howdy!