The greeting dialogue of 'Vaazhkai Mayiraatam Pogardhu'!

Life is beautiful!*
* always with a back-up plan!
Life is always lost without it. 


My dad keeps yelling at me to this day to always have a plan in life. It is not uncommon with guys of my age to hear the dialogue "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" and I keep blinking where the present is leading. 5 years??? I can't even think of one for tomorrow! And I used to scoff at my dad for being so 'conservative'. Every other day, my conversation with my dad started with a casual thing like, 'the weather is so hot in Chennai today' to anything about astrophysics to astrology and yet it always ended with my dad asking, "what is your plan? I don't see the fire in you." What started as a casual conversation always ends in a disgusting argument with my dad. 

I used to think I'm always right and I still do. But then Life is the greatest teacher one can have. It teaches you on real terms. Our brains are designed to dream even when we are wide awake. It takes a slap given by life on our cheeks to realize that dreams are far from reachable if we don't understand reality today. We keep ourselves clinged to a dream that is either unattainable today and want it to happen now. What distinguishes dream from real life is a time gap. 

Being lost is a feeling that I thought I was the only 'one' to be entitled to be. As I conversed with various friends of mine, it was heartening to know that I wasn't the only one with the lost look in my face. And with guys it was all the more relating with the  greeting dialogue  of 'vaazhkai mayiraatam pogardhu'. 

After much thinking I found that, the feeling of lost was due to the lack of focus on what we would be doing next if the current situation falls. Needless to say, all plans somehow requires a back-up plan just to keep us focused. And when the situation demands the back-up plan, we would have to devise a back-up plan for the back-up plan and so on. At one point it sounds damn mundane and boring, but when you actually experience the feeling of being lost, you get to realize that planning ahead is not so bad after all. 


I don't know how many of you feel the same way out there. I'm sure a lot of you would oppose this claiming spontaneity is much better than planning. I accept to them too, provided the plan of spontaneity happens sooner or later. Mostly, when I'm lost, I sit zombie on any plan and my mind stops working. And every passing minute, the heart weighs heavier at the thought of what all I could have done. 

I've also experienced skepticism in planning and whenever I think of a plan, I question it so much that I stop believing the plan. Well, to all... 'Bullshit simply happens'. We are made to bullshit as human beings. If not, I don't think the Creator would have made human beings with an ass and a hole in it. So I felt, it was better to stick to the bullshit plan if that's happening in any case. 


So to conclude it right, my dad is right and it took me some bitter experience to understand his point of view. Better late than never. So, now if you ask me what my plan is.... I blink! :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restrooms and corporate management!!! - bullshit

An exhilerating experience

Howdy!